Gifts That Cost You Nothing
Yes, you can make an impact for the future of public media by simply signing your name!
Gifts in a Will
✓ No cost: Costs you nothing now to give in this way;
✓ Flexible: You can alter your gift or change your mind at any time and for any reason;
✓ Lasting impact: Your gift will create your legacy of fostering an informed and active citizenry.
General gift in your will
Residual gift in your will
Specific gift in your will
Contingent gift in your will
You can mix these no-cost ways together. For example, you might consider leaving a specific percentage (such as 50%) of the residual to WGBH contingent upon the survival of your spouse.
Gifts by Beneficiary Designation, An Easy “No-Cost-Now” Way to Give
It’s easy to put your bank accounts, retirement funds, savings bonds, and more to use in creating a world impacted by WGBH — and it costs nothing now.
By naming WGBH as a beneficiary of these assets, you power us to make knowledge and the creative life of the arts, sciences, and humanities available to the widest possible public. Your gift could inspire a child, inform parents and educators, and help teach new skills – the impact your gift makes through WGBH becomes your personal legacy to the world.
Potential benefits of gifts by beneficiary designation
● Reduce or avoid probate fees;
● No cost to you now to give;
● Create your legacy with WGBH.
To name WGBH as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, contact your bank or insurance company to see whether a change of beneficiary form must be completed.
How to change a beneficiary designation
2. Follow the links to change your beneficiary or fill out the form.
3. Be sure to spell the name of our organization properly: WGBH Educational Foundation.
4. Include our tax identification number: 04-2104397.
5. Save or submit your information online or return your Change of Beneficiary Form.